Fresh Milk is pleased to share its fifth open call for the annual ‘My Time’ Local Residency 2018.
Thanks to the ongoing support of our generous group of donors, one Barbadian artist will be selected from this call to undertake a one-month residency at Fresh Milk, and will receive a stipend of $1,000.00 BBD towards their artistic practice. Visual artists working across a number of disciplines (sculpture, installation, painting, drawing, performance, photography, new media, interdisciplinary) are invited to apply.
We are open to a variety of projects and proposals, but are particularly interested in contemporary artists working in non-traditional ways who wish to engage with the material in the Colleen Lewis Reading Room, using the residency as a time for research, production and expansion of references & knowledge.
Duration of Residency: 4 weeks
Fresh Milk will provide:
– A $1,000.00 BBD stipend to the artist
– Wireless internet
– A 15.5 x 14 ft studio space
– A wide expanse of rural land
– Access to the Colleen Lewis Reading Room on-site
– A varied network of creatives to connect with
– Facilitation of community outreach initiatives
– The option to participate in a public event showcasing the outcome of the residency
– Artist must be Barbadian
– Artist must not have taken part in an on-site Fresh Milk Residency within the last 2 years
Expectations of the Artist:
– Artist must come out to the studio a minimum of four days per week between Monday and Friday. Studio access is between 8 am and 6 pm
– Artist must supply their own materials and equipment
– Artist must complete some form of public outreach in relation to the work created during the residency (artist talk/presentation, workshop, open studio, showcase, etc.)
– Artist will be required to keep a weekly blog of their activities and processes, and submit a report to Fresh Milk at the conclusion of the residency
– Artist will be required to donate a piece of work to the donor who made this residency possible
To be considered, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘My Time Local Residency 2018 Proposal’:
– The completed application form which can be downloaded here (includes applicant’s contact information, an artist statement, and full residency proposal)
– An up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– A numbered portfolio of 5-10 images (or 2-3 short videos as the case may be) of recent work
– An index of the portfolio pieces in numerical order, with the title, medium and date listed
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for submission is March 30th, 2018. The residency will take place between April 30th – May 25th, 2018.